Saturday 18 April 2009

GERMANY PART III. finally.

phwwwoooar apparently I had a TON to say about Germany! I bet you are leaping with joy that I have such word vomit huh? ANYONE so we leave Munich and head two hours down south to Fussen, which is a little town extremely close to the famous castle of the supposedly-mad-maybe-just-eccentric King Ludwig. These castles (and don't ask me to spell them... I MIGHT be able to do it, Neuschwanstein and Hohensomething? For some reason I can NEVER remember that one. I am so embarrassed!). Anyway, so them there castles served as the inspiration for Disney's Cinderella castle, and it is ABSOLUTELY true. The entire time I felt like I was at Disney World. Never Disney Land. EAST COAST PRIIIIDE! The Hoh one was bright sun-yellow and his childhood home and let me point out - his summer home - and still BIG. Ridiculous. Not as big as Molly's home, of course, but then again not all of us can live in the lap of luxury like the Captain can. So this house was normal-ish, actually not that opulent for royal standards... but then...

we get to Neuschwanstein. The one built by the mad one himself, the one he only lived in for 172 days before mysteriously dying having committed suicide or been MURDERED?! (so I'm watching the Thomas Crowne Affair and the most perfect music for that sentence just came up. Fort, I feel like I watched this with you but only partly? am I making that up? you know I tend to lie). And this castle was a CASTLE. Most of the rooms are incomplete, but those that ARE complete are completed dedicated to Wagner, the musician. So painted scenes from his operas, a beautiful hall for him to perform in, the works. And it was at the top of this MASSIVE hill overlooking the Alps, so COMPLETELY gorgeous of course! I, like Molly, wish I had a segway to get around everywhere, but it was SO cool to see. Even though all of our pictures look like they were photoshopped. Fake, fake, fake, just like everything in the cloisters museum. We trundled back to our room and had a quiet night (since the night before was the infamous Beer Challenge, it was much deserved!) The next day we went to AUSTRIA for the end of the week... which I shall talk about in my NEXT ENTRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment